TopQuadrant is looking for a back-end software engineer to join the team developing our flagship product, TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG). TopQuadrant helps organizations succeed in data governance. Our TopBraid EDG product delivers easy and meaningful access for all data stakeholders to enterprise metadata, business terms, reference data, data and application catalogs, data lineage, requirements, policies, and processes. TopQuadrant’s customer list includes organizations in financial services, pharma, healthcare, digital media, government and other sectors.
Most TopBraid EDG development is in Java (8+) with task-specific code in other JVM-based languages (Clojure, Scala) as well as domain-specific languages built into the product. You will do greenfield development as well as improve our existing code.
You should have:
- excellent communications skills in English (written and spoken)
- experience working on a team
- a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, even if you don’t have a Computer Science degree
- skill developing object-oriented Java
- opinions about what good code looks like
- devotion to software engineering best practices such as Continuous Integration, test-driven development, and design patterns
- basic understanding of graph databases, or a strong desire to learn about them
- willingness to learn, continuously improve, and share your knowledge with others
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- experience creating software products
- the ability to work well with a distributed team (U.S., Europe, Australia)
- familiarity with W3C standard Semantic Web technologies (RDF, SPARQL, SHACL) and associated open source tools such as Apache Jena
- experience developing knowledge graphs and ontologies
- working knowledge of a functional programming language
- a solid understanding of the challenges and tradeoffs of scale and performance
- experience implementing software-as-a-service for cloud environments
- a presence in the larger tech community, such as contributing to open source projects or involvement in industry events
We are open to people with different levels of experience, including recent college graduates. We prefer candidates based in the Raleigh, NC area, but will consider exceptional remote candidates in Eastern or Central time zones.
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your open source portfolio (e.g., a GitHub profile) to email@example.com.
TopQuadrant has new job openings for highly motivated full stack architects / developers to join our growing professional services organization.
Candidates should have experience or strong interest in working with Knowledge Graph technologies. Openings include both standard and senior level positions in this role. The ideal candidate should excel at discerning the essence of complex problems and be creative in formulating solutions that use or extend the capabilities of our product and technology stack.
We prefer candidates based in the United States, but will consider exceptional candidates located in Canada or Europe.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TopQuadrant, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a growing leader in an emerging market, we always look for the talented people to join our team. If you’d like to be part of an innovative company with collegial culture that is committed to taking enterprises to new levels of effectiveness using semantic technologies, TopQuadrant might be the place for you. TopQuadrant offers competitive salary and benefit packages including major medical, dental, life insurance and stock options.