TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance
The first data governance solution to use true knowledge graph technology based on W3C standard RDF graphs
An Agile, Connected, Knowledge-informed Data Governance Solution
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance™ (TopBraid EDG™) is an enterprise knowledge graph for data governance. More specifically, TopBraid EDG is a modular set of different types of graphs expressing knowledge about the things needed for managing and governing your data.
Using standards-based knowledge graph technologies, TopBraid EDG supports integrated data governance across numbers and types of data assets and governance needs – because connections are important.
With EDG, you can choose data governance packages to support a comprehensive and staged approach to data governance.
Best-Fit Data Governance
We recognize that in ramping up a data governance program, different organizations may have differing priorities and starting points. With TopBraid EDG, you can start incrementally.
For example, you may start using EDG for business glossaries or reference data or metadata management only. After starting your data governance program with any of those focuses, you can always extend your scope to governing other assets when you are ready to do so.
To support this comprehensive but staged approach, TopBraid EDG provides focused packages, available as an initial configuration of EDG.
Each package can be used on its own or with the other packages toward your targeted scope of information governance.
Several add-on modules are available to further extend the use of TopBraid EDG.
How Can TopBraid EDG Help?
TopBraid EDG provides a comprehensive data governance solution for enterprises with growing and changing heterogeneous data stores and data processing needs. With TopBraid EDG, organizations benefit from:
Enhanced Value and Reduced Cost
- Helps organizations use data more intelligently
- Provides visibility into data and business operations
- Semantically interoperates through a standards-based data representation instead of a vendor-specific representation with proprietary data formats
- Enables agile responsiveness to new data requirements
Capabilities to Preserve Meaning
- Provides rich, standards-based information structures that enable users to capture anything they need
- Provides flexible capabilities for users to access, view and link datasets
- Empowers users to align and enrich data assets based on their role or responsibility
- Readily allows extension of models of the data and metadata
Increased Quality and Efficiency
- Enables data integration across applications for operational needs
- Provides sophisticated search capabilities that make it easy to create exports of tailored views of governance assets as web services
- Automates distribution of governance datasets and metadata
- Provides fully transparent activity trails that enable regulatory compliance and risk mitigation
Streamlined Enterprise Data Governance
By connecting all kinds of data and metadata, semantic data management systems empower users, data stewards and analysts to unlock the true meaning behind their business’s data, enabling more accurate use, as well as precise and timely insights.
TopBraid EDG facilitates data governance while reducing IT burden. It offers data stewards a robust collection of easy-to-use governance tools and provides all data stakeholders Google-like access to connected information about all data, its meaning and context.
Explore TopBraid EDG
See how TopBraid EDG can track lineage for an individual data value on the FR Y-9C to the data elements it is derived from – by just following the connections.
Watch this video to learn more about how TopBraid EDG provides the flexibility and extensibility needed for complete enterprise data governance.
Explore how the TopBraid EDG Vocabulary Management package combined with available add-ons enables semantic search of published documents from different sites.
More Details on EDG
Increasingly, valuable data is available on the Web as standards-based knowledge graphs. For example, Wikidata contains background information about almost any topic in the world, such as the current population of each country. Learn more…