TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance™ (TopBraid EDG™) is an agile data governance solution for today's dynamic enterprises. With EDG, you can choose one or combine two or more data governance packages to support a comprehensive but staged approach to data governance.
Using standards-based knowledge graph technologies, TopBraid EDG supports integrated data governance across the ever growing numbers and types of data assets and governance needs – because connections are important.
TopBraid EDG facilitates data governance while reducing IT burden by offering:
- data stewards a robust collection of easy to use, form based data governance tools and visualization dashboards.
- all data stakeholders Google-like access to connected information about all data sources and their enterprise context
TopBraid EDG facilitates data governance while reducing IT burden by offering data stewards a robust collection of easy to use, form based data governance tools and visualization dashboards.
For more information or to schedule a demo of TopBraid EDG tailored to your needs, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-300-7945.
Organizations are increasingly seeing data as one of their most valuable assets, driving the trend for more comprehensive and responsive data governance. TopBraid EDG enables management and governance of critical business assets including business terms, reference data, data lineage information, data policies and requirements and other business, technical and operational metadata.
TopBraid EDG lets you govern all data: relational and big data, structured and unstructured – irrespective of its format and location. For the big data world, TopBraid EDG can also support configuration and job metadata specifications. For better alignment of data, TopBraid EDG comes with pre-built vocabularies of commonly used data types, such as Oracle, MySQL, Horton Works, Impala, and Apache Kafka. Using semantic standards-based graph technologies, TopBraid EDG offers flexibility, extensibility, and easy linkage across all data assets.
Data Governance Challenges
Data is taking center stage for businesses looking to stay competitive. Yet, since management of data remains disconnected, an over-arching need is for meaning of data to be understood and traced across all data sources and systems. Data governance addresses this need, documenting:
- how data is produced and consumed
- what data means
- what data is supporting business functions and enabling business capabilities
- how security considerations govern access
- how policies govern needs such as data retention and data provisioning
However, obtaining a seamless view of all governance metadata remains difficult. Too often, silo tools used by organizations for managing metadata, business terms and reference data can’t share the meaning of the information they manage. Some of the tools are too “geeky” for the business to use, others are too simplistic to capture the information technical stakeholders must know. Many lack the flexibility required by data stewards to seamlessly modify and extend the types of information they govern. They can’t keep up with the growing variety of enterprise data sources and data governance needs.
As a result, enterprises are still straggling when they need to address regulatory requirements, find the right data and ensure its quality.
Interested in learning more about business challenges TopBraid EDG addresses? Visit Solutions Overview page>>
TopBraid EDG provides a comprehensive data governance solution for enterprises that have heterogeneous data stores and data processing needs that are growing and changing. It provides a rich set of capabilities to support collaborative data governance:
- Metadata and Data Ingestion: From RDBMs, spreadsheets (CSV & Excel), XML, DDL, RSS feeds, SPARQL endpoints and other formats – with flexible mapping to EDG models.
- Discovery, Profiling and Enrichment: Profiling of data sources, auto-mapping of data elements to business terms, auto-mapping of crosswalks, automated tagging of content, business and data rules for validation and reasoning. Traceability across all asset types.
- Governance: Configurable workflows with virtual work-in-progress copies of changes for controlled review and approval. Custom defined subject areas, governance roles, configurable dashboards with metrics.
- Search, Reporting and Visualization: Parametric and faceted search –within and across asset collections. Lucene integration. Built-in reports as well as advanced query-building tools and reporting through graphical interfaces. Visual navigation.
- Editing with Access Control and Audit Trail: Different editor applications for different asset collection types, multi-lingual, cloning, merging, rich text support, batch edit operations for selected groups of assets, full audit history.
- Collaboration: Event notifications, tasks and comments (optional integration with JIRA).
- Systems Integration: Integrates with existing enterprise or information management systems via RESTful Web Services interfaces, APIs and query endpoints.
- Enterprise-ready: Easy customization of user interfaces and services, custom validation/inference rules. Scalable architecture offers a choice of relational and RDF (graph) database repositories with LDAP integration for access control. Cloud-ready.
With TopBraid EDG, organizations benefit from:
Enhanced Value and Reduced Cost
- Helps organizations use data more intelligently
- Provides visibility into data and business operations
- Semantically interoperates through a standards-based data representation instead of a vendor-specific representation with proprietary data formats
- Enables agile responsiveness to new data requirements
End User Capabilities that Preserve Meaning
- Provides rich, standards-based information structures that enable users to capture anything they need
- Provides flexible capabilities for users to access, view and link datasets
- Empowers users to align and enrich data assets based on their role or responsibility
- Readily allows extension of models of the data and metadata
Increased Quality and Efficiency
- Allows organizations to ensure that their data is consistent, reliable and usable for analysis
- Enables data integration across applications for operational needs
- Provides sophisticated search capabilities that make it easy to create exports of tailored views of governance assets as web services
- Automates distribution of governance datasets and metadata
- Provides fully transparent activity trails that enable regulatory compliance and risk mitigation
TopBraid EDG Videos
For more information or to schedule a demo of TopBraid EDG tailored to your needs, contact us at:
email@example.com or 919-300-7945.
See related TopBraid RDM information below
TopBraid RDM Videos
Using TopBraid Reference Data Manager 5.0
Why is Reference Data Governance Mission Critical? – w\ Aaron Zornes, MDM Institute
The Foundations of Successful Reference Data Management – w\ Malcolm Chisholm