TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance™ (TopBraid EDG™) is an agile data governance solution for today's dynamic enterprises. With EDG, you can choose one or combine two or more data governance packages to support a comprehensive but staged approach to data governance.
Using standards-based graph technologies, TopBraid EDG supports integrated data governance across the ever growing numbers and types of data assets and governance needs – because connections are important.
TopBraid EDG facilitates data governance while reducing IT burden by offering data stewards a robust collection of easy to use, form based data governance tools and visualization dashboards. Illustrative Screenshots
TopBraid EDG facilitates data governance while reducing IT burden by offering data stewards a robust collection of easy to use, form based data governance tools and visualization dashboards.
For more information or to schedule a demo of TopBraid EDG tailored to your needs, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-300-7945.
Ogranizations are increasingly seeing data as one of their most valuable assets, driving the trend for more comprehensive and responsive data governance. TopBraid EDG enables management and governance of critical business assets including business glossaries, reference data, crosswalks, ontologies, taxonomies, content tag sets, data, policy and lineage models and other business, technical and operational metadata.
Its data models include both relational and big data constructs. For the big data world, TopBraid EDG can also support configuration and job metadata specifications. For better alignment of data, TopBraid EDG comes with pre-built vocabularies of commonly used data types, such as Oracle, MySQL, Horton Works, Impala, and Apache Kafka. Using semantic standards-based graph technologies, TopBraid EDG offers flexibility, extensibility, and easy linkage across all data assets.
Data Governance Challenges
Data is taking center stage for businesses looking to stay competitive. Yet, since management of data remains disconnected, an over-arching need is for meaning to be ascribed and traced from business glossaries to data elements. Data governance addresses this need, documenting how data is produced and consumed, what data is supporting business functions and enabling business capabilities, how security considerations govern access, and how policies govern needs such as data retention and data provisioning. One of the central focuses of data governance is to ascribe and trace meaning from business glossaries to data elements. With the advent of big data, data governance increasingly has to capture how data transformations execute as jobs in configurations of Hadoop stores
However, using and managing governance metadata remains difficult. Too often, tools used by organizations for managing metadata, business terms and reference data can’t share the meaning of the information they manage. Some of the tools are too “geeky” for the business to use, others are too simplistic to capture the information technical stakeholders must know. Many lack the flexibility required by data stewards to seamlessly modify and extend the types of information they govern. They can’t keep up with the growing variety of enterprise data sources and data governance needs.
TopBraid EDG provides a comprehensive data governance solution for enterprises that have heterogeneous data stores and data processing needs that are growing and changing. It provides a rich set of capabilities to support collaborative data governance:
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface – with auto-completion, drag and drop, rich text editing, search and filtering, accessibility across all browsers – providing easy to use environment for the business and technical stakeholders
- Flexible data and relationship modeling – handles both complex and simple data models and their relationships across domains, allows modeling, storing and using not only codes, but all relevant associated information
- Auditability – every change is logged and time stamped, change history can be searched; usage records capture where reference data is used
- Control over versions – virtual work-in-progress copies of data assets allow parallel development of versions and enable controlled publishing, review and approval workflow
- Collaboration – enabled through access and accountability based on roles; support for task assignments, statuses and issues
- Shared semantics – provides the ability to define and share meaning of all information elements globally and in the context of specific use
- Repeatability of on-boarding – lets users capture processes and best practices for on-boarding of external reference data
- Wide and diverse distribution – support for a variety of interaction patterns (e.g. batch or real-time) and integration approaches
- Data quality – offers intuitive forms for creating data validation rules
- Integration – with third party systems and Linked Data clouds via Web Services interfaces and APIs
- Easy extensibility – configurable user interfaces, reports, metamodel, import, export, web services and more including deep customizations using TopQuadrant's TopBraid platform
- Standards – built-in support for W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards for data and data models interchange on the web such as RDF and SPARQL
- Enterprise-readiness – scalable and robust architecture with LDAP and JMS integration
With TopBraid EDG, organizations benefit from:
Enhanced Value and Reduced Cost
- Helps organizations use data more intelligently
- Provides visibility into data and business operations
- Semantically interoperates through a standards-based data representation instead of a vendor-specific representation with proprietary data formats
- Enables agile responsiveness to new data requirements
End User Capabilities that Preserve Meaning
- Provides rich, standards-based information structures that enable users to capture anything they need
- Provides flexible capabilities for users to access, view and link datasets
- Empowers users to align and enrich data assets based on their role or responsibility
- Readily allows extension of models of the data and metadata
Increased Quality and Efficiency
- Allows organizations to ensure that their data is consistent, reliable and usable for analysis
- Enables data integration across applications for operational needs
- Provides sophisticated search capabilities that make it easy to create exports of tailored views of governance assets as web services
- Automates distribution of governance datasets and metadata
- Provides fully transparent activity trails that enable regulatory compliance and risk mitigation
TopBraid EDG Videos
For more information or to schedule a demo of TopBraid EDG tailored to your needs, contact us at:
email@example.com or 919-300-7945.
See related TopBraid RDM information below
TopBraid RDM Videos
Using TopBraid Reference Data Manager 5.0
Why is Reference Data Governance Mission Critical? – w\ Aaron Zornes, MDM Institute
The Foundations of Successful Reference Data Management – w\ Malcolm Chisholm