RALEIGH, NC – August 7, 2018 – TopQuadrant™, a leading provider of standards-based data governance solutions today announced the release of TopBraid 6.0, a combinable set of modular solutions for Data Governance. With its standards-based, knowledge graph technology, TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) offers an integrated approach to data governance which readily allows for enhancements to its model-driven end user experience, and its integration with other systems. Among the key improvements in 6.0 are major enhancements to the User Experience/UI, as well as support for GraphQL.
“Enterprises today have such diverse digital ecosystems with a rich variety of systems, applications and sources. So a data governance solution must represent assets and their role in the enterprise using an open, extensible and “smart” approach,” said Irene Polikoff, CEO and cofounder of TopQuadrant. “We believe that knowledge graphs are the most powerful way to achieve this, which is why they have always been the foundation of our data governance solution. Knowledge graphs also allow us to integrate the three key aspects of data governance – executive, representative and applied governance –this is essential for building bridges to business context.”
Data governance initiatives succeed by addressing all three aspects of governance:
Executive Governance which is concerned with putting in place control processes and policies as well as formalizing and instrumenting processes and policies already in place.
Representative Governance which is focused on defining models of the information (metadata) an organization needs to capture about its data sources, applications, reference data, business terms, and other relevant assets, and using these definitions to capture and enrich information about assets.
Applied Governance which is about using captured information to address specific needs of the enterprise.
TopBraid EDG delivers solution capabilities necessary for each of the three aspects of data governance. TopBraid EDG 6.0 new features/upgrades in support of each aspect include:
- Governance roles per Asset (in addition to previously existing support for roles per collection and subject area)
- User configurable metric dashboards with historical trending
- Automated generation of crosswalks across asset collections
- Automated connection of data elements to relevant business terms
- User selectable rules and transformations for data acquisition and profiling
- Extending lineage diagrams to support richer traceability across Business Terms, Data Assets, Applications, Server Infrastructure, Business Activities, Policies and Regulations
- User selectable rules and transformations for reporting
In addition, 6.0 also offers infrastructure enhancements, including:
- Enhanced user experience including improved user navigations, ontology editing and visualization
- GraphQL support for RDF/SHACL which makes RDF data easily available offering great flexibility and solid standards to represent almost any data structure.
To learn more and view a comprehensive list of capabilities for TopBraid Release 6.0, see the TopBraid 6.0 Release Notes.
To learn more about available packages and additional add-on modules, please visit TopBraid EDG Packages.
TopQuadrant helps organizations succeed in data governance with TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (TopBraid EDG). EDG is built on standards-based knowledge graph technology to seamlessly bring together enterprise information silos, connect enterprise metadata, ensure its quality and deliver easy and meaningful access for all data stakeholders. TopBraid EDG lets enterprises govern all relevant assets including business terms, reference data, enterprise metadata, data and application catalogs, data lineage, data exchanges and pipelines, requirements, policies, and processes. TopBraid EDG is the only solution built to support integrated governance across all types of assets and governance needs while, at the same time, offering a staged approach to data governance. TopQuadrant’s customer list includes organizations in financial services, pharma, healthcare, digital media, government and other sectors. www.topquadrant.com.