RALEIGH, NC – October 31, 2017 – TopQuadrant™, a leading provider of standards-based data governance solutions today announced the release of TopBraid 5.4, a collection of web-based solutions for Data Governance and Vocabulary Management. TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) 5.4 delivers an integrated approach to data governance with customizable workflows, flexible governance operating framework options, enhanced visualizations, and advanced capabilities to create, manage, and view connections between technical and business metadata.
“Implementing effective data governance processes requires integration of top-down and bottomup approaches. TopQuadrant is committed to delivering a complete and practical solution that supports day-to-day needs of stakeholders, connecting these to the broader organizational goals and policies for data governance.” said Irene Polikoff, CEO and co-founder of TopQuadrant.
Today’s release offers key enhancements to TopBraid EDG, including:
- Customizable Workflows – Users can now create and use custom workflows for various data governance and curation processes. Pre-built workflow templates are also provided.
- Enhanced Operating Model – TopBraid EDG’s data governance operating model options now provide access to business and data subject areas, associated governance roles, organizational structures, issues, policies, metrics, dashboard, and other governance assets.
- Advanced Data Profiling – Data source profiling is implemented when its metadata is imported into TopBraid EDG. This enables automated reasoning about data and connections of technical metadata to business metadata.
- Interactive Visualizations – Updated versions of TopBraid EDG’s unique LineageGram and NeighborGram features with intuitive capabilities for flexible viewing and drilling down on focused areas of governance knowledge graphs.
- Improved and Extended Access to More Data Sources – Additional capabilities for importing data lineage information and easier mapping of relationships with autosuggestions.
- Enhanced Support for Standards – The industry’s most complete support for the new W3C standard, SHACL, and its use to power intelligent capabilities of TopBraid EDG.
Polikoff continues, “With our deep expertise in the emerging field of knowledge graphs, our focus, as always, is on comprehensive support for managing all enterprise assets and the connections between them. As we continue to move up the data governance stack and offer more top-down capabilities, these connections will only continue to grow and bring unparalleled value to our customers.”
TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary NetTM (EVN) continues to be offered as a standalone product and as a Vocabulary Management package of TopBraid EDG. This release offers several enhancements specifically addressing the needs of TopBraid EVN users, including:
- CMIS Connector to Content Management Systems – A new connector is now available for integrating any CMS that supports Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS). These include Alfresco, Documentum, and Sharepoint.
More about TopBraid EDG
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) is an agile data governance solution for today’s dynamic enterprise. Using standards-based graph technologies, TopBraid EDG supports integrated data governance across the ever-growing number and type of data assets and governance needs. With TopBraid EDG, enterprises can:
- Collaborate with all data stakeholders to improve the quality and consistency of data
- Catalog all their assets and create critical mappings
- Connect all their data assets for increased visibility and agile responsiveness to new data requirements
- Curate data and metadata to enhance access to all relevant information and use it more intelligently
To learn more about available packages and additional add-on modules, please visit TopBraid EDG Packages.
To learn more and view a comprehensive list of capabilities for TopBraid Release 5.4, see the TopBraid 5.4 Release Notes.
TopQuadrant helps organizations succeed in data governance. We provide agile solutions for managing information regardless of its structure, origin or location. Our products use standardsbased graph technologies—because connections are important. Making information easy to connect enables unparalleled flexibility for organizing, governing and using it in today’s dynamic data environments.
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) supports the governance and provisioning of enterprise metadata, business glossaries and reference data.
TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net supports collaborative management of taxonomies and ontologies and offers autoclassification of documents and search enhancement. TopQuadrant customers include many government agencies and Fortune 1000 companies in numerous industries including pharmaceutical, financial services, energy and digital media. For more information, visit www.topquadrant.com.