|Detailed List of Changes:
RELEASE PLAN AND OBJECTIVES
- In 5.2, EVN and EDG users have additional triple store options – Apache Jena TDB and MarkLogic databases. At the same time, load performance of SDB has been improved, memory usage lowered and server startup times reduced. SDB performance improvements and the need to fix a long standing issue with proliferation of prefixes on export, required a modification of the SDB schema. Users upgrading to release 5.2 will need to follow a provided data migration procedure – See our 5.2 data migration release notes.
- Release 5.2 offers many enhancements to the user interface of EVN to allow for a more consistent, intuitive user experience. Also included is a major technology upgrade to the JQuery libraries.
- SHACL implementation has been updated to stay in sync with the development of the standard and SHACL support is now available in EVN and EDG – previously only in TopBraid Composer.
- 5.2 also provides a technology upgrade with the move to Apache Jena 3.1 and RDF 1.1.
Recent previous releases
KEY IMPROVEMENTS OF 5.2
- Support for the latest working draft of upcoming SHACL W3C Standard, used to represent data models, data quality rules and form definitions. SHACL constraint violations also include a smart suggestion feature.
- Technology upgrade – Support for Jena 3.1, RDF 1.1, Solr 6.1 and upgrading JQuery libraries.
- Schema for MySQL and Oracle SDB database updated for performance improvements. Prefixes now managed on a per graph basis. Data migration tool to be included in the release.
- JSoup for improved HTML parsing.
- MarkLogic database connector.
- Replaced MySQL Connector/J jdbc driver with MariaDB Connector/J 1.4.5.
TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net (EVN) and Enterprise Data Governance (EDG)
- Improved navigation including a main menu and quick navigation menu.
- Overall user experience design and functionality improvements.
- Enhancements to NeighborGram – navigable graph diagram for classes and instances.
- New Global Lookup field to search for data across enterprise models to assist navigating.
- More options for administrators to customize the user interface and troubleshoot.
- New reporting tool for statistics
- Apache Jena TDB transactional storage is now a fully supported back-end for EVN and EDG.
- MarkLogic is supported as a triple store option for EVN and EDG.
- A new evaluation section for AutoClassifier to evaluate performance on available training data by computing precision and recall. This allows AutoClassifier users to quantify the impact of adding more training data or of changes to the taxonomy.
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG)
- Support for Governance of:
- Business Glossaries
- Data Assets
- Big Data Assets
- Enterprise Assets
- Technical Assets
- Governance Assets
- Lineage Models
When using the editor page for Ontologies with nodes that have over 1000 children, the tree component will limit loading at 1000. In order to edit a node not returned in the tree, please use the Global Lookup box on the Ontology’s home page. You can also view any node and its connecting nodes using NeighborGram™.