TopBraid EDG–Vocabulary Management
Improve search, achieve clarity on enterprise terminology and ensure optimal delivery and navigation of information
Reduce costs in today’s complex world by mastering information management
Many organizations have to work with controlled vocabularies scattered across multiple spreadsheets, applications and modeling tools. All too often, this results in vocabularies that quickly become out of sync and out of date. Irregular replication and updates across multiple repositories complicate review, alignment, enrichment and use of vocabularies.
TopBraid EDG–VM creates a Knowledge Graph of your vocabularies and associated resources. A flexible, web-based system, it supports business stakeholders who need to collaborate on defining, linking and using enterprise vocabularies (such as taxonomies, thesauri and ontologies) required to integrate content sources, comply with regulations, enhance navigation and search.
Why TopBraid EDG–VM?
TopBraid EDG-VM makes it possible to turn silos of unstructured data into smart data — a linked Knowledge Graph ready to use in business decisions. TopBraid EDG–VM Knowledge Graph enables faceted and context-sensitive search, automated linking to related and topic pages, lifecycle governance of sensitive information, content centric workflows and other tools for creating an exceptional user experience within search and content management applications.
How Can TopBraid EDG–VM Help?
TopBraid EDG–Vocabulary Management lets enterprises build a semantic layer in their digital ecosystem by creating and managing knowledge models and resources consisting of:
- Taxonomies – hierarchies of terms connected using broader/narrower relationships. Taxonomies in EDG are based on SKOS, the W3C standard information model for taxonomies and thesauruses.
- Crosswalks – datasets that link terms in one vocabulary with the matching terms in another one.
- Ontologies – vocabularies that contain schema-level information — definitions of classes, properties and rules. Some ontologies may also contain instances of classes and information about them. However, unlike taxonomies, such data would typically use your own domain-specific metadata properties instead of the built-in SKOS properties..
- Corpora – datasets representing enterprise documents which are typically located in Content Management Systems outside of EDG. Requires Tagger with AutoClassification module.
- Content tag sets – datasets that link content resources with vocabularies that are used to classify them. For example, one might connect (tag) articles on a website with keywords to help customers find those articles. Requires Tagger with AutoClassification module.
Know and Model Knowledge Across the Enterprise
TopBraid EDG–Vocabulary Management lets you define rich semantic metadata and use it to automatically and meaningfully enrich and classify your information assets. Its key features include:
Audit Trails – every change is logged and time stamped, change history can be searched and changes can be rolled back if desired.
Automation of Linking – Crosswalks between vocabularies and Linked Data sources can be auto-generated.
Import/Export –Data ingestion and export from/to Spreadsheets, MultiTes, Content Management Systems, SPARQL and GraphQL endpoints, Databases and RDF/OWL files.
Enterprise-readiness – Easily extensible, highly scalable and robust architecture with high availability, single sign-on through LDAP/Active Directory integration and integration with enterprise systems through built-in connectors, web services and JMS.
Explore TopBraid EDG–VM
Explore how to reduce costs in today’s complex world by mastering information management.
Demo of creating and editing taxonomies using ToBraid EDG-VM.
This video demonstrates extending the default taxonomy model with a few new classes. We use these classes to upgrade our taxonomy and add a new relationship.
Discover how to bring structure to unstructured data with TopBraid Tagger and Autoclassifer.
More Details on TopBraid EDG–Vocabulary Management
Explore documentation for users to learn more about the capabilities provided in TopBraid EDG for Vocabulary Management.
Learn how Kennisnet uses TopBraid Vocabulary Management to facilitate semantic mapping across key educational information standards.