TopBraid EDG–Vocabulary Management
Improve search, achieve clarity on enterprise terminology, and ensure optimal delivery and navigation of information
Reduce costs in today’s complex world, by mastering information management
Many organizations have to work with controlled vocabularies scattered across multiple spreadsheets, applications and modeling tools. All too often, this results in vocabularies that quickly become out of sync and out of date. Irregular replication and updates across multiple repositories complicate review, alignment, enrichment and use of vocabularies.
TopBraid EDG–VM creates a Knowledge Graph of your vocabularies and associated resources. A flexible, web-based system, it supports business stakeholders who need to collaborate on defining, linking and using enterprise vocabularies (such as taxonomies, thesauri and ontologies) required to integrate content sources, comply with regulations, enhance navigation and search.
Why TopBraid EDG–VM?
TopBraid EDG-VM makes it possible to turn silos of unstructured data into smart data — a linked Knowledge Graph ready to use in business decisions. TopBraid EDG–VM Knowledge Graph enables faceted and context-sensitive search, automated linking to related and topic pages, lifecycle governance of sensitive information, content centric workflows and other tools for creating an exceptional user experience within search and content management applications.
How Can TopBraid EDG–VM Help?
TopBraid EDG–Vocabulary Management lets enterprises build a semantic layer in their digital ecosystem by creating and managing knowledge models and resources consisting of:
- Taxonomies – hierarchies of terms connected using broader/narrower relationships. Taxonomies in EDG are based on SKOS, the W3C standard information model for taxonomies and thesauruses.
- Crosswalks – datasets that link terms in one vocabulary with the matching terms in another one.
- Ontologies – vocabularies that contain schema-level information — definitions of classes, properties and rules. Some ontologies may also contain instances of classes and information about them. However, unlike taxonomies, such data would typically use your own domain-specific metadata properties instead of the built-in SKOS properties..
- Corpora – datasets representing enterprise documents which are typically located in Content Management Systems outside of EDG. Requires Tagger with AutoClassification module.
- Content tag sets – datasets that link content resources with vocabularies that are used to classify them. For example, one might connect (tag) articles on a website with keywords to help customers find those articles. Requires Tagger with AutoClassification module.
Know and Model Knowledge Across the Enterprise
TopBraid EDG–Vocabulary Management lets you define rich semantic metadata and use it to automatically and meaningfully enrich and classify your information assets. Its key features include: