TopBraid EDG–Reference Data Management
Bring consistency and accuracy to the use of reference data across enterprise applications
Simplify the management and distribution of reference data throughout your organization
Reference data is found in practically every enterprise application including back-end systems, front-end commerce applications, and the data warehouse. TopBraid EDG–RDM makes it easy to bring consistency and accuracy to reference data management and use.
Reference data has a major impact on everything from the integrity of business intelligence reports to the success or failure of system integration efforts. EDG–RDM simplifies the management and distribution of reference data with simple point-and-click interfaces. EDG–RDM provides all the services you need to secure the benefits of centralized management of reference data – change in one place, publish to many.
Why TopBraid EDG–RDM?
- Lower risk – by providing auditability, provenance, and security of reference data
- Decrease costs – by minimizing chances of costly errors associated with manual, ad hoc processes and misinterpretation
- Succeed in the data-driven world – by putting management of reference data into the hands of business users
How Can TopBraid EDG–RDM Help?
- Reduce independent maintenance of code tables – Provides a central system where reference data will “live” and be maintained. With this, maintenance activities like adding new codes are done once, not multiple times, reducing authoring time and effort in making changes to reference data.
- Reduce data quality problems due to coding errors – Allows end users who use reference data (codes) in the process of data entry to better understand their meaning and, as a result, avoid mistakes of using wrong codes.
- Reduce data integration issues due to inconsistent codes – When code tables used by different systems are maintained independently, they become inconsistent across the systems. This lack of consistency impacts the ability to integrate data. TopBraid EDG-RDM provides an up-to-date source that can be used as input for every code table in every database in the production landscape. Consistency is achieved and integration promoted.
- Make informed decisions based on reference data – Enables the right categorization and organization of data in reporting and analytics by providing a place for report writers to go to better understand the meaning of reference data and how it is used across the different systems.
- Reduce the cost of designing code tables for databases – Provides a central system database administrators can go to get exports of “codes tables” with all the fields they may need.