TopBraid EDG–Metadata Management (EDG–MM)
Achieve operational efficiency, regulatory compliance and analytical insights
Understand the lineage of your enterprise business data and its metadata
TopBraid EDG–Metadata Management (TopBraid EDG–MM) lets organizations govern information about their data assets, software applications, infrastructure, business capabilities and processes.
TopBraid EDG–MM is key to managing enterprise data as assets and to understanding the lineage of the data and its metadata.
Why TopBraid EDG–MM?
The data landscape is changing faster than before. Today, organizations create value by using all possible types of data available: big data, legacy data, external data, internal data, data of data and more.
Increasing diversity also creates an increasing challenge of managing different types of data from various sources. It has become harder than ever to get a holistic view of the data ecosystem and also to get a detailed understanding of the data lineage, data use and impact.
How Can TopBraid EDG–MM Help?
Enterprises need to manage their data while understanding the lineage of the data and its metadata. TopBraid EDG–MM lets its users create, connect and use an enterprise knowledge graph consisting of:
- Data, Technical and Enterprise Asset Collections – catalogs of resources that make up a data ecosystem. These include:
- data asset collections or data dictionaries cataloging databases
- data elements and datasets
- technical asset collections cataloging systems
- business applications and technical hardware
- enterprise asset collections cataloging business functions, activities, processes and information assets such as documents, forms and reports.
- Business Glossaries – catalogs of terms that provide business context for data.
- Lineage Models – assets in any collection can already be directly linked with each other to, for example, say that a business application stores data in some database. Lineage Models are used when there is a need for a more detailed specification of data transformations as it flows between data sources and applications to users, in support of business activities and functions.
- Requirements – catalogs of relevant requirements such as data requirements, regulatory requirements and security requirements to support traceability to other EDG-managed assets
TopBraid EDG–MM delivers key benefits of data governance:
Provides visibility for all important data, irrespective of source and format
Enables traceability of data as it flows across different systems in support of business activities
Makes the meaning of data explicit and well understood
Overcome Data Governance Challenges
TopBraid EDG–Metadata Management lets data stakeholders and subject matter experts collaborate in creating a shared understanding of the meaning of data. Its key features include:
Explore TopBraid EDG–MM
More Details on TopBraid EDG–Metadata Management