Webinar Recording and other Assets are Available Here >>
|Thursday, August 4th @ 11:30 EDT|
Deep Dives into TopBraid EVN — Part 3: Managing Changes
Special Note: This is the third in a series of 30 minute ‘deep dive’ webinars on TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net (EVN) featuring short demos on key capabilities for collaborative terminology management and content tagging. This session will give an overview and tour of the capabilities in TopBraid EVN 5.2 for safely managing changes to controlled vocabularies –including taxonomies, ontologies, glossaries, etc.
Many organizations today are managing business vocabularies to ensure optimal re-use, delivery, and navigation of information. Key enterprise goals include achieving clarity on enterprise terminology, improving search, enhancing content navigation and aligning the meaning of data across data sources to enable information integration.
But once vocabularies are created, how are changes to them safely managed? When are changes needed? What stakeholders are involved in making and approving changes? The answers to these types of questions will vary across organizations. But many of the requirements or “change cases” are the same, such as:
- adding, deleting or replacing individual terms in a taxonomy with other terms
- transitioning to a new version of a vocabulary
- cloning an entire vocabulary, or a branch or sub-hierarchy of terms within it, to reuse within a new or existing related vocabulary
- requests for changes, notifications of changes and approvals must be facilitated among a broader set of stakeholders, as the process of approving new entries for terms often requires SME approval.
Join us for this webinar to learn how TopBraid EVN provides multiple capabilities for safely managing changes to vocabularies, including:
- Audit trails –for viewing/reverting changes, and generating change reports
- Working copies –sandboxes for safely making changes, approval workflow, promoting changes to production
- Publication to TopBraid EVN Explorer – for anonymous (re)viewing, commenting and change requests from SMEs and other stakeholders
- RACI assignments and notifications of change events
- Cloning a vocabulary – to create a “version”
Who Should Attend: Ontologists, Taxonomists, Data Governance Stakeholders, Publishers, Metadata Specialists, Content Managers, Information Architects and anyone who works with ontologies,taxonomies, and other controlled vocabularies as well as the data or content related to these vocabularies.
More on the Speakers:
Irene Polikoff has more than two decades of experience in software development, management, consulting and strategic planning. Since co-founding TopQuadrant in 2001 Irene has been involved in more than a dozen projects in government and commercial sectors. She has written strategy papers, trained customers on the use of the Semantic Web standards, developed ontology models, designed solution architectures and defined deployment processes and guidance.
Eric Freese is a Sr. Semantic Solutions Architect at TopQuadrant. He performs solution requirements, architecture analysis, design and semantic model-driven application development on TopBraid EVN and the TopBraid platform. Eric came to TopQuadrant in 2016, but has many years of experience with the TopBraid platform as a customer with several organizations.
CEO and Co-founder of TopQuadrant, Irene has been a key driver of the vision and direction for TopQuadrant’s products, especially TopBraid EVN. She will demonstrate multiple individual and collaborative capabilities within EVN that can be combined to support ongoing changes that are required to maintain controlled vocabularies in good order to continue providing value to an organization.