“Semantic technology continues to evolve as a key component in any data governance solution,” said Irene Polikoff, CEO and co-founder of TopQuadrant. “With the release of 5.1, we continue to build on our semantic foundation by providing new features that allow all levels of data stakeholders including data stewards, data users and business managers, to track the progress of their data governance initiatives as well as to demonstrate their maturity and impact to the business.”
With this in mind, a key new capability in the 5.1 release of TopBraid Reference Data Manager (RDM) is configurable dashboards. The dashboards are organized in sections according to different topics of interest:
- Completeness and Validity shows charts identifying any issues with incomplete reference data or data that violates specified rules.
- Information about the Reference Data displays stewardship information that details the completeness of captured information about a reference dataset.
- Operational Maturity presents information about software systems that use the reference dataset and results of their compliance verification.
- Process summarizes information about working copies and tasks.
he dashboards are fully configurable with additional charts easily added to show other data governance metrics that an organization may want to track. Other major updates include the ability to use non-SKOS vocabularies for auto-tagging in TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net (EVN) as well as the following new features in both TopBraid EVN and TopBraid RDM:
- Visualization updates include UML-like diagrams for classes as well as the new NeighborGram view –a navigable graph diagram for classes and instances.
- Ontology modeling allows users to now enter logical OWL 2 expressions using Manchester syntax.
- Crosswalk web services allow users to take an item in one vocabulary as input and return items from a cross-walked vocabulary.
To learn more and view a comprehensive list of capabilities for TopBraid Release 5.1, see TopBraid 5.1 Release Notes.
As an Enterprise Information Management (EIM) innovator, TopQuadrant helps organizations succeed in data governance by managing information regardless of its structure, origin or location so that it can be easily organized, shared and exchanged. Our products use standards-based graph technologies to provide our customers with agile information management capabilities— because connections are important.
TopBraid Reference Data Manager™ supports the governance and provisioning of enterprise metadata and reference data. TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net™ supports collaborative management of taxonomies, business glossaries and ontologies and offers auto-classification of documents and search enhancement. TopBraid Insight™ is a semantic virtual data warehouse that enables federated querying of data across diverse data sources as if they were in one place. TopQuadrant customers include many government agencies and Fortune 1000 companies in numerous industries including pharmaceutical, financial services, energy and digital media. For more information, visit http://www.topquadrant.com.
Crossroads PR & Marketing