3.6.1 Release date: Jun 22, 2012
3.6.0 Release date: Apr 20, 2012
Prior Version Release Notes: 3.5
Detailed Lists of Changes:
Release Plan and Objectives
TopBraid Suite 3.6 in addition to introducing a number of
enhancements to TopBraid products focuses
on reliability and extending popular features that are core to TopBraid
enterprise-level capabilities while proactively identifying and removing
duplicate and superfluous features. This direction -- honing and
adding increasing robustness to core capabilities -- reflects the
growing maturity of TopBraid products driven by their increasing use in
supporting enterprise solutions.
recent previous Releases
TBS 3.6 release follows
on release 3.5, which was made available May 31, 2011, and the
maintenance releases for 3.5; the most recent maintenance release is
- Improved stability of Jena TDB and SDB databases in
- Large updates for all databases, they are now significantly
- Improved server performance, particularly concerning
multiuser issues -- all products are positively
impacted, particularly TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary
Network, and TopBraid Live.
- Upgraded Sesame 2 adapter from 2.4.0 to 2.6.2.
TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net (EVN)
- New lightweight optional add-on module for publishing
vocabularies in HTML (no Flex) for browsing and searching
(based on requirements from a number of customers); using this
module an unlimited number of viewers can access and browse
any production vocabulary and use search to find and view
- Export of taxonomies as MS SharePoint file.
- New vocabulary example using IPTC News codes from
- SPARQL Query form included in the EVN edit and browse
- Also see general improvements for TBE.
TopBraid Live (TBL)
- Enhancement to TopBraid SPARQL endpoint to support all
the official parameters and result types..
SPARQL Rules (SPIN)
- Improvements and bug fixes to SPIN OWL 2 RL rule base.
SPARQL Web Pages (SWP)
- Improved wizard for connecting to relational databases
allows selection of tables and columns.
- Improved XML Schema import, see blog entry
for additional information.
- Ability to change fonts for the individual views.
- Pan in and pan out for diagrams.
- Class diagrams are now editable
- Reorganized Help for easier navigation, added several
TopBraid Ensemble (TBE)
- New A-Z display in the Grid component.
- Cell values in the Grid component can now be used as
- Right click support for invoking SPARQLMotion scripts.
- Ability to specify which GRAPH to query for components
that dynamically generate SPARQL queries.
- Ability to specify sort order when generating a query
from the Search Form.
- Switch from Yahoo! Maps API to MapQuest API.
- Improved multi-lingual support.
- Improved auto-complete functionality using in-memory
indexes rather than index files.