TopBraid Live is an intelligent business applications platform. With TopBraid Live, you can quickly implement solutions that integrate data, content, application services and user interactions.
- A unified, standards-based data integration process – combine data and schemas from internal, external, structured and unstructured sources using connectors to relational data, web services, XML files, JSON documents, spreadsheets, flat files, e-mail, content management systems and more.
- An orchestration engine for coordinating access to multiple sources (real time, ETL, etc.) including relational databases, XML, spreadsheets and web services.
- Web Services – out-of-the-box RESTful Linked Data services plus a comprehensive library of ready-to-use modules and functions for rapid creation of custom composite web services from existing data and systems.
- Provenance and change management – complete audit trail of all changes, versioning.
- Business rules – Flexible and powerful reasoning integrates RDFS and OWL inferencing with custom, domain-specific business rules.
- SPARQL Endpoint – all information managed by TopBraid is accessible through SPARQL. In addition to full SPARQL 1.1 Query Language support, TopBraid Live includes many extensions provided as SPARQL functions.
- Linked Data – all information managed by TopBraid is available as RESTful web services returning a choice of serializations.
- Named graph architecture – TopBraid Live workspace is a quad store fully implementing named graph architecture.
- Model-based – fully dynamic, flexible and agile.
- Rapid application development – using pre-built UI components, application templates and modules.
- Support for the entire application development lifecycle – seamless migration from development in TopBraid Composer to deployment in TopBraid Live.
Getting started with TopBraid Live is easy. Since TopBraid Composer Maestro Edition, an IDE for all TopBraid solutions, includes
Server edition of TopBraid Live, you can be up and running in a few minutes. Enterprise Server is available as a separate download. Installing it requires setting up a J2EE server such as Tomcat. Both editions build on the TopBraid Platform, as shown in this figure:
for more information.
The Personal Server edition of TopBraid Live is included with TopBraid Composer-Maestro Edition (TBC-ME) to replicate Enterprise Server features on a local machine within an IDE environment. It executes in a single-user environment, providing a powerful tool for designing, developing, and testing applications before deploying them to a TopBraid Live Enterprise Server. You can access the TopBraid Live Personal Server console from any browser running on the same machine as TBC-ME. SPARQL endpoints and other web services running on the Personal Server can also be accessed from browsers and other applications running on the same machine.
For more information, use the Help facility in TBC-ME: TopBraid Composer > TopBraid Live Integration. To view any RDF graph(s) using pre-built ‘default’ web application, open the graph in TBC, then select ‘Open with SWA Default application’ under the Model menu.
Once applications are designed with TBC-ME and the Personal Server, you can deploy them with a click of a button to the Enterprise Server for full Internet and intranet access.
TBC-ME is available for a 30-day trial; see the Download button at the top of the page.
Start creating Linked Data and Semantic Web applications today by using the TopBraid IDE - Composer Maestro
Edition (TBC-ME). TBC-ME contains a built-in localhost TopBraid Live server to support development and
testing of applications.
For Server Administration functions go to http://localhost:8083/tbl/
For documentation on installed web services go to http://localhost:8083/tbl/swp?_viewClass=servicedoc:Index
Features and Benefits
TopBraid Live Enterprise Server
TopBraid Live Personal Server
SPARQL Web Pages (SWP)