is a visual scripting language and engine for semantic data processing.
Scripts implementing sophisticated data services and processing such as
queries, data transformations and mashups can be quickly assembled with
easy to use graphical tools. This can save weeks of development
time. Each script can be defined as a REST Web Service returning streams
of data (XML, RDF,JSON, text) or user interfaces..
Script developers can chain together simple processing steps to form complex processing pipelines. Assembled data processing pipelines are used to merge, search, query and mash-up data. As a result, disparate services, data sources and feeds can be quickly tied together to create new applications such as reports, information dashboards and data exchanges between the backend systems.
SPARQLMotion is supported by all TopBraid Suite products:
- Scripts are developed and tested in TopBraid Composer - Maestro Edition
- The TopBraid Live web user interface framework can be employed to allow the assembly and edition of scripts through a rich web browser interface
- Scripts are deployed on the TopBraid Live server platform where they can be used as web services, pro-active agents or be invoked by applications through APIs
SPARQLMotion scripts are defined in RDF using modules for importing, processing and exporting data. TopBraid Suite provides over
120 (and growing) extensible modules that implement a comprehensive range of data integration tasks. Each module is a class in an ontology. In addition to handling data, the SPARQLMotion engine can prompt the user for input and generate user interface components such as maps and calendars, or create files such as spreadsheets and XML documents.
SPARQLMotion scripts can be executed as REST Web Services. REST (Representional State Transfer) is an architectural style that allows services to be exposed and consumed over the Web using only a simple URL. SPARQLMotion can use any available REST service. With SPARQLMotion and REST services, companies can easily expose their data and content for use and re-use by the current and future applications.
Features & Benefits
Speed and Ease
of Data Processing
- Visual assembly of scripts using "out of the box" and custom modules
- Auto-generation of queries based on the data pattern examples
- Empowers new class of users - requires none to minimal coding.
- Quickly delivers new applications and data mashups
- Streamlines data integration, analysis and reporting
Re-use of Scripts
- Import and merge together two or more scripts
- Query the script content to identify the data they process and operations they use
- Model-driven language, simple extensions can be done through model changes alone
- Use of queries with LET/FILTER functions to develop new modules as scripts
- Java APIs for full flexibility in developing pluggable custom modules
Service Oriented Architecture
- Extends SOA to the web by leveraging REST technology
- Fully compliant with W3C standard languages SPARQL, RDF and OWL.
HTML form example using DBPedia: DBPediaCountryCapitals (intermediate)