Financial Services Solutions
Regulations are ever increasing and most financial services firms find compliance challenging. According to a recent report from Grant Thornton, there are more than 1,200 key regulatory requirements around the world with an estimated $199 billion in fines incurred just between 2004 and 2013. Regulators expect proof that you have systems and processes in place for knowing how data flows across your firm.
With today’s rapidly evolving data landscape, most existing data management systems struggle to handle diverse data and metadata that support your operations. You need to be able to quickly understand large, diverse and complex data landscapes, map data to regulators' requirements, track decisions and controls on data and be prepared to respond to new requirements. In short, mature data governance is increasingly important to financial organizations. Indeed, it has been noted that even more than big data, it may be the defining data management challenge of our time. The 2016 Financial Industry Management (FIMA) survey reports a growing realization that having the right tools is very important factor for effective data governance:
- 83% of respondents said that data governance is vital to their business
- 50% of respondents indicated their firms are making investments greater that $12M in 2016 in IT solutions that improve data governance
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (TopBraid EDG) is uniquely suited to help you support effective, connected data governance and manage metadata for your most important assets:
- It is modular, giving you a number of starting points with the ability to grow and incrementally extend your scope of governance within a fully integrated environment
- It’s comprehensive support and coverage connects business, technical and operational metadata – from policies and requirements to applications, reference data and critical data elements
- Flexibility and extensibility are core to its model-driven design, so it can be easily customized to fit your unique needs
- Based on semantic information management standards, it can help you to create a linked web of enterprise metadata while avoiding vendor lock-in
To learn more and to schedule a demo contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video: Data Lineage Tracking – Essential for Compliance Reporting
In the short example we show how easy it is to track lineage for specific line items reported such as “Total Interest Expense” on the Federal Reserve Board's FR Y-9C form to the data elements it is derived from – by just following the connections.
View Video >>
View Whitepaper Infographic >>
By connecting all kinds of data and its metadata, semantic data management systems empower users, data stewards and analysts to unlock the true meaning behind their business’s data.